- A researcher with a doctorate. A person who receives training by participating in a research project under the guidance of a training manager for a certain period of time to deepen the quality of knowledge and research ability in the field of study
- Postdoctoral researcher : KIER selects through open recruitment
- YS Postdoctoral researcher :A governmental project implemented for new doctoral degree holders in science and engineering as part of the youth job creation policy
Those who have not passed 5 years after obtaining their doctoral degree, those who are expected to acquire a doctoral degree within 3 months, those who have no reason for disqualification in the requirements for KIER recruitment, or principal authors of SCI or SCI(E)
- (Ground)Article 3 (Definition of Terms) Article 7 and Article 14 (Training Period) clause 2* of regulations on the operation of training workers
- (Purpose)To create research performance and to secure continuity of training of the post-doc researcher
- (Eligibility)Those who have not passed 5 years after acquiring a doctorate degree from the date of contract renewal and whose training period is less than 3 years
* (Related grounds)
|Article 3 Clause 7||The “project-based tenure” system refers to operating the training period until the “participating research project period” to generate research results and secure training continuity for post-doc researchers.|
|Article 14, clause 2||The training period shall be within 3 years. However, if the training qualification in Article 11 (1) is satisfied at the time of contract or renewal, the training period can be extended by applying the project-based tenure system. In applying the project-based tenure system, the criterion for "participating research project period" refers to the project period for each phase of the project, not the total project period.|
|Article 11 clause 1||The eligibility of postdoctoral researchers for training is as follows..
1. Those who have not passed 5 years after obtaining their doctorate or are expected to obtain a doctorate within 3 months from the date of appointment or renewal (omitted hereinunder)
(Criteria for applying the tenure system)
|1||Limited to those who have satisfied the tenure qualification criteria for which the project period for each stage of the participating research project exceeds 1 year as of the date of contract or renewal.||The training contract period shall be concluded on a yearly basis through annual evaluation until the project period for each stage of the project. However, if the remaining project period is less than one year as of the renewal date, the period shall be terminated at the end of the project.|
|2||Limited to those who have satisfied the tenure qualification criteria for which the project period for each stage of the participating research project is less than 1 year as of the date of contract or renewal||Contract extension up to 1 year|
The participating research project can not be changed while contracting in a project-based tenure system.
If the participating research project is suspended as of the date of contract or renewal, it shall be used until the signed contract period and then be terminated.
Screening stage of Postdoctoral Researcher
|Eligibility screening (Qualification, submitted documents, etc.)||
|1st screening: Documents review||
|Online personality test||
|2nd screening: Competency evaluation (English PT)||
|Announcement of final successful applicants|
|Signing an employment contract and starting work||
Personality test : Used as reference material for interview. Those who did not take the test will be notified not to participate in an interview and disqualified at the interview screening stage.
|Employment type||- Postdoctoral researcher|
|Treatment||- According to internal standards|
|Working condition||- The benefits program including selective working hours, rest, and holidays are the same as regular workers.|
|Start of work||- Appointment date (subject to change depending on KIER's circumstances)|
|Contract period||- The training contract period shall be concluded on a yearly basis and the next renewal shall be determined through evaluation.|
|Others||- Prohibition of lecturing|